Preschoolers love to help in the kitchen. Even though it takes twice as long, try to let them. Kids are not only learning new skills, they're spending time with you.
My kids love to make rice crispies with me. They're super fast and easy to make. Heres' a recipe:
8 cups rice crispies (any brand)
1 lb. mini marshmallows
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
1 cup chocolate chips (optional)
1. Begin by melting the butter in a large pan, on low heat.
2. Once butter is melted, begin stirrin gin the marshmallows by doing 1/4 bag at a time. Stir constantly!
3. Once butter and marshmallows are completely melted (no chunks), remove the pan from the heat, and begin pouring in the rice crispies 2 cups at a time. This is when you have to be fast about it. The marshmallows will begin to thicken, so stir constantly.
4. Once all the crispies are in and mixed, pour the chocolate chips in and mix quickly.
5. Immediatlely mold the mixture into a greased pan.
6. For light and fluffy treats, do not pack them down.
7. Serve warm.